Friday, April 2, 2010

Prayer of the Day

PRAYER OF THE SEVEN LAST WORDS

O divine Jesus, incarnate Son of God, for our salvation You consented to be born in a stable, to spend Your whole life amidst poverty, trials, and misery, and to die by suffering on the Cross. At the hour of my death, please tell Your Father, Father, forgive them. Tell Your Mother, Behold your child. Tell my soul, This day you shall be with me in paradise.

My God, my God, do not forsake me in that final hour. I thirst, yes, my soul thirsts, for You who are the fountain of living waters. My life will surely pass away like a shadow; and in a short while everything would be accomplished. Therefore, my adored Saviour, from this moment to that final hour, and for all eternity, I commend my spirit into Your hands. Lord Jesus, receive my heart and my soul.

Amen.