Friday, April 18, 2014

PRAYER OF THE DAY

Prayer for Good Friday

Mother or a child:

Jesus lives His entire life for his journey or a child:
under the Cross of salvation. St. John's Gospel gives us some of His last words (12:27-33):

Now my soul is troubled. And what shall I say!
Father, save me from this hour.
No, this is why I came to this hour!
Father, glorify thy Name.
There came therefore a voice from heaven:
I have both glorified it,
and I will glorify it again.

Now is the judgment of the world,
now will the prince of the world be cast out.
And I, if I be lifted up,
will draw all things to myself.


Father:

He humbled Himself becoming obedient unto death,
even to death on a Cross.
Therefore God also has exalted Him and has bestowed upon Him the Name that is above every name,
so that at the Name of Jesus,
every knee should bend of those in heaven,
on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue should confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is in the glory of God the Father.
We adore Your Cross, O Lord,
and we praise and glorify Your holy resurrection


Family:

Because by this sacred wood joy has come into the whole world.


Father:

Let us pray.
We beseech you, O God,
look upon this Your family for whom our Lord Jesus Christ allowed Himself to be betrayed
into the hands of wicked men and to undergo the torment of the Cross.
In His Name grant our petition.


Family:

Amen.