Tuesday, November 26, 2013

PRAYER OF THE DAY

The Offering of Saint Leonard of Port Maurice

Eternal God, and my God,
behold me prostrate before Thine immense Majesty,
and humbly adoring Thee.
I offer Thee all my thoughts,
words, and actions of this day.
I purpose them all to be thought, spoken,
and done entirely for love of Thee,
for Thy glory,
to fulfill Thy Divine will,
to serve Thee, praise Thee, and bless Thee;
in order also to my own enlightenment in the mysteries of the holy Faith,
for the securing of my salvation,
and out of hope in Thy loving mercy;
for satisfaction, too, of Thy Divine justice,
for my so many and most grievous sins;
as supplication for the Holy Souls in Purgatory,
and for the grace of a true conversion to all sinners;
in fine,
I wish and intend to do everything in union with the most pure intentions of Jesus and Mary during their lives on earth,
of all the Saints who are in Heaven,
and of all the just who are on earth:
and I would willingly subscribe to this my intention with my own blood,
and to repeat it from a loving heart,
as often as there are moments in eternity.
Receive, O my dearest God,
this my good intention;
give me Thy holy benediction with efficacious grace to keep me from mortal sin through all my life,
but particularly this day,
in which I desire and purpose to receive all the Indulgences which I am capable of receiving,
and to assist, were it possible,
at all the Masses which are celebrated this day throughout the whole world,
applying all in supplication for the Holy Souls in Purgatory,
that they may be freed from detention in its pains and come quickly before the face of God.
So be it

Amen.