Tuesday, December 11, 2012

PRAYER OF THE DAY

To Our Lady of the Rosary

O Virgin Mary,
grant that the recitation of thy Rosary may be for me each day,
in the midst of my manifold duties,
a bond of unity in my actions,
a tribute of filial piety,
a sweet refreshment,
an encouragement to walk joyfully along the path of duty.
Grant, above all,
O Virgin Mary,
that the study of thy fifteen mysteries may form in my soul,
little by little,
a luminous atmosphere,
pure, strengthening, and fragrant,
which may penetrate my understanding,
my will, my heart, my memory, my imagination, my whole being.
So shall I acquire the habit of praying while I work,
without the aid of formal prayers,
by interior acts of admiration and of supplication,
or by aspirations of love.
I ask this of thee,
O Queen of the Holy Rosary,
through Saint Dominic,
thy son of predilection,
the renowned preacher of thy mysteries,
and the faithful imitator of thy virtues.

Amen.