Friday, April 11, 2014

PRAYER OF THE DAY

Prayer to St. Stanislaus Kostka

I rejoice with thee in that singular gift of virginal purity which graced thy spotless heart;
and I humbly beseech thee,
obtain for me the strength to overcome temptations to impurity,
and inspire me to continual vigilance in keeping intact the virtue of holy purity.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be.

Saint Stanislaus,
my patron most loving,
Seraph of charity,
I rejoice with thee in the glowing flame of love that kept thy pure and sinless heart always at peace and united to thy God:
I humbly beseech thee to obtain for me such a flame of divine love as shall consume every affection for things of earth,
and set me on fire with heavenly love alone.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be.

Saint Stanislaus,
my patron most tender and most powerful,
angel of purity and seraph of love,
I rejoice with thee in thy happy death,
a death caused by thy longing to see Mary who was taken up bodily into heaven,
and consummated by a mighty impulse of love toward her.
I give thanks unto Mary who was pleased to hear and answer thy prayers,
and I implore thee,
by the glory of that thy happy death,
to be the advocate and patron of my death.
Intercede with Mary for me that my death,
if not so happy as thine,
may at least be peaceful under the protection of Mary,
my Advocate,
and of thee my special patron.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be.

Pray for us,
O holy Stanislaus,
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray:

O God,
who amongst the other wonderful works of Thy wisdom,
hast bestowed the grace of ripe holiness on them of tender years:
grant, we beseech Thee,
that we,
following in the footsteps of blessed Stanislaus and redeeming the time by unremitting labor,
may hasten to enter into our eternal rest.
Through Christ our Lord.

Amen.