Monday, August 11, 2014

PRAYER OF THE DAY

PRAYER OF ST. CLARE

I look up and I behold the Lord,
Clare says to me,
“Gaze upon Him, consider Him, contemplate Him,
I put this more simply:
behold, hold, enfold.

I behold the Lord
I see His outstretched hands
I see the blood from His wounds.
I see the love in the eyes of Jesus.
I see His gracious acceptance of me.

Jesus has come out of the tomb –
He still has the scars,
but now they are glorious,
with the glory of heaven.
Still looking at the Lord,
I reach out and touch Him.
I hold the Lord – and I am held in His love.

Love enfolds
It is no longer I that live,
but Christ that lives in me.
I am secure in the Lord.
I can look out, now, through the Lord’s eyes.
I can see the world as He created it, in His mercy,
I can see my sisters and brothers with His love,
and I can worship the Father through the eyes of the Son
in the Love of the Holy Spirit.